Nothing will develop your jiu-jitsu skill like competition preparation. Getting involved in tournaments is one of the best things you can do to develop your skill. Additionally, preparing for tournaments can shorten the timeline in learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Preparing for Competition
Generally look for Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu/One World. Otherwise, reach out to Mike about what to sign-up under.
- Study up on the rules (see above)
- Your Gi weighs between 3-4lbs, so sign up and cut weight appropriately going into the tournament
- Not a bad idea to make sure your Gi is also “competition legal”, check that tournament’s standards
- Best to bring 2 forms of photo ID when going to a tournament for personal validation
- You either win or you learn… So go out there and have fun!
Recent Competition Videos